Wednesday, April 24, 2013

If the sky that we look upon should tumble and fall

Got my River Phoenix shirt ! I'm in love, I can't promise i'll ever take it off. Cow Cow Yicky Yea.
Visit sixwas9ine for all your graphic tee/tank needs.
I'm really loving this warm weather. I got a mosquito bite trying to feed a terrified little kitty in my backyard and was actually happy about it. All of the little creatures are awakening, and I can feel it more than ever this year.



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


My fave shoes in the world.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


I've also been painting recently, abstract works. I bought a bunch of new acrylics and two large canvases and just went wild. The first one was more of a test of techniques and stuff, and I'm not entirely proud of it so I won't bother posting, but the second one I put a lot more feeling into and the whole experience was more of a... well, experience as opposed to painting for the sake of painting. I realized that doing abstract work requires a kind of meditation. You have to just go with the flow and not worry about messing up or getting paint all over you. Towards the end of the process of this one I was almost in complete darkness and was listening to baroque music with an apple scented incense lit. When I was done it was hard to break the mood, I had to turn on the light to clean up and for a while I didn't want to look at the painting, as if the light would reveal imperfections, but it was just the opposite. I was surprised at how much I loved it and felt I had a strong personal connection to it.
Now that I know what abstract work requires, I'd like to do a lot more. Since this one is to be hung in the living room (a nice surprise, my parents' idea) I have to make another for that bare wall in my room, and I'm looking forward to it. :)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It doesn't have a title yet. I think that will come in time. I really don't know why I keep thinking Poppycock.

3 comments:

  1. omg that tshirt is perfect!
    also, that painting - wow! you're so talented!
    i'm a new follower - love your blog! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing! :O

    Hayley xx
    www.addictionstoshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete